By Lubem Gena, Abuja
A renowned Lawyer and former President of the Abuja Chamber of Commerce an Industry (ACCI), Otunba Kelvin Dele Oye has been elected as the Second Deputy President of the Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA).
He emerged victorious at the Extraordinary Annual General Assembly (EAGM) which took place at the ACCI International Trade and Convention Centre during which he was unanimously elected as the sole candidate for the position.
The versatile Otunba Dele who has served the Association in different capacities has come on board with a wealth of experience and track record of selfless service and Midas touch.
Below is abridged version of his biography.
Education: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, LL.B (Hons) 1988.
1989: Admitted to the Nigerian Bar
1989 – 1990: Worked with the Legal Department of the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA); joined PRIME CHAMBERS until 1991
1991: Founded Dele Oye & Associates
Core Practice Areas:
• Litigation, Company, Charities & Philanthropy, Immigration, Energy and Renewables, Family Law.
Dele Kelvin Oye has held and continues to hold membership of several Organizations and Associations:
• Vice Chairman of the Nigerian Bar Association(NBA), Abuja Branch (1998 – 2001)
• Chairman, Conference of All Alumni Association of Nigerian Universities (2000 – 2003)
• Member, Governing Council, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (2000 –2004)
• National President, Obafemi Awolowo University Alumni Association (2000 -2004)
• NBA Co-ordinator of Prosecuting Team, Legal Practitioners Disciplinary Committee (Body of Benchers) (2001 – 2013)
• Member, National Executive Committee, NBA (2001-2016)
•Alternate Chairman, NBA National Conference Planning Committee (2004)
• President: Abuja Chamber of Commerce (2008 – 2011)
• Vice President-Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA) 2012 – till date
• Chairman, 2015 NBA National Annual General Conference Planning Committee
• Member, Body of Benchers (2015 till date)
• Chairman, Workshop Planning Committee of 2nd National Judicial Institute Workshop for Judicial Officers in the Petroleum and Power Sectors – 5th–6th April 2016
• Member, International Bar Association
• Notary Public
• Member, American Bar Association
• Associate Counsel, Firm of F. O. Akinrele & Co.
• Fellow, Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators
• Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (London)
• Governing Council Member, International Institute for Petroleum, Energy Law and Policy (IIPELP)
NACCIMA Second Deputy President