NEWS

Fire disaster averted at Aso Rock presidential villa Abuja

By Lubem Gena

There was a fire incident at Aso Villa, Nigeria’s seat of power, in Abuja on Thursday, News Headquarter has gathered.

Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said the incident was put down at a store near the State House Chapel in the Villa.

He attributed the fire incident to an electrical spark.

He said, “The incident, linked to an electrical spark, was immediately brought under control by alert staff using available fire extinguishers well ahead of the arrival of the Federal Fire Service trucks stationed just outside the premises.

“Luckily, no injury or serious damage was recorded.”

About author

Articles

A prolific writer of about two decades standing experience
Related posts
NEWS

Terrorism: Nigeria has made giant strides in human rights compliance, won’t be intimidated by ICC, Amnesty - Human Rights Group

The Coalition of Human Rights Monitoring Groups (CHRMG) says Nigeria has made significant strides in…
Read more
LOCALNEWS

Foundation sensitizes FCT residents on COVID-19 vaccines, myths

Springs Aid Foundation has sensitized residents of Bwari Area Council,  Federal Capital Territory…
Read more
LIFESTYLENEWS

UN council honours Comrade Usman Austin Okai, as ECOSOC representative in Africa

For his unrivaled human rights records and unscathed social awareness and practices ,United Nations…
Read more
Newsletter
Get latest news update now

Sign up for News headquarters Daily Digest and get trending updates tailored for you now.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.