NEWS

Boko Haram claims responsibility for NAF Fighter Jet crash

.…NAF debunks claims

Boko Haram has claimed it shot down the Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet aircraft (NAF475) that was declared missing and later confirmed crashed by the military authorities.
The Director of Information and Public Relations (DOPRI), Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, had in a statement earlier on Friday, said that intelligence report gathered by the NAF indicates that the warplane that went off the radar with two crew members on board on 31 March 2021 might have crashed.

Gabkwet also said cause of the crash as well as the whereabouts of the 2 pilots; Flight Lieutenant John Abolarinwa and Flight Lieutenant Ebiakpo Chapele, remain unknown.

But Boko Haram later on Friday released a footage of it shooting down a fighter jet mid-air, according to tweet by HumAngle.

Meanwhile,

Home Metro Plus Missing Jet: NAF labels Boko Haram claims as false, says videos are…
METRO PLUS
Missing Jet: NAF labels Boko Haram claims as false, says videos are fake
By Elegbede Issa – April 2, 2021 0

Share

The Nigerian Air Force, NAF has dismissed claims by terror group Boko Haram that it gunned down the missing Alpha jet, which disappeared from radar on Wednesday, March 31.
Boko Haram claimed responsibility for downing the aircraft in a viral video.

But the Director Public Relations and Information Nigerian Air Force, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, said the viral video could be clips from a previous incident.

He insisted the video is fraught with inconsistencies that established it was fake, adding the lush vegetation in one of the videos suggest it was not in the Northeast.

NAF spokesperson, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, said: “We have seen some videos but there is nothing that has proven that the aircraft in those clips belongs to us, or have you seen a Nigerian Air Force aircraft number or the body of Air Force pilot or have you seen any Air Force unifor until we get all these details strengthen out, we are not going to go into speculation.

“That video could have been shot somewhere. I have seen four videos so far, one of them has lush vegetation in the background, and I wonder where they have such vegetation in the Northeast. Unless they did something and they are releasing the clips bit by bit, we are waiting.

“Except we have evidence, because like I said, these persons have families and you cannot go their wives, parents or wards, you must bring concrete evidence. There must be something to show”.

About author

Articles

A prolific writer of about two decades standing experience
Related posts
NEWSPOLITICS

Again, Rep Bamidele Salam trains constituents on animal husbandry and agricultural value chain

...Facilitates grants for participants After just about 2 weeks he empowered several Traders and…
Read more
LIFESTYLENEWS

DG NYSC wins ‘The Sun Award for Public Service’

The Director General of the National Youth Service Corps Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim has again…
Read more
LIFESTYLENEWS

Kyari bags “The Sun Man of The Year” Award

 …Says NNPC will remain transparent, accountable to Nigerians By Gena Lubem, Abuja In yet…
Read more
Newsletter
Get latest news update now

Sign up for News headquarters Daily Digest and get trending updates tailored for you now.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.