By Babalola Seyi
The Big Brother Naija season 5 tagged ‘Lockdown Geng’ edition began on Sunday, July 19, 2020, with astonishing pictures making rounds on the social media. Dorathy, Nengi and Ozo were particularly the topics of discussion on the lips of many before Laycon came out all lighted in a multicolour glowing vest and his long dreads making many conclude that he was truly a ‘Marlian’ as he said.
Like other guys in the house who are gynecomastia, Laycon is not. He’s not even as tall as they are, but he has wit and is engaging. Here are five interesting facts you should know about one of the most talked-about housemates.
- Olamilekan Agbeleshe popularly known as Laycon, was born in Lagos into the family of five. He is a graduate of Philosophy, from the University of Lagos. He was said to be one of the best graduating students of the department in 2016.
- Laycon most used and cherished word is “BASICALLY”.
- Laycon is a rapper and has done a couple of songs, his new EP “Who’s Laycon” has garnered about 200,000 live streams on Audiomack and on top 100 on Apple Music. He has featured artistes like Reminisce and Chinko Ekun.
- Within two days that Laycon came into the house, his official account @itslaycon has been verified on Instagram, pulling about 100,000 followers from the initial less than 4,000 followers.
- Laycon has gathered the support of many entertainers and media influencers since the beginning of the show on Sunday, the likes of Reminisce, Joeboy, Vector, Dr Pam Pam(Omo Iya Ologi), Pepenazi, Tomiwa, few to mention. Uti Nwachukwu, a one-time fellow of the house, particularly said things seem to be working in the favour of the rapper and he might eventually win the prize.